Monday, May 12, 2008

12 of 12 (3): May 2008

Whew- I almost forgot about the 12 of 12 (concept by Chad Darnell) for May! I had the day off from work and spent my day having breakfast with Grandma, grocery shopping and cleaning the computer room closet. Not an overly exciting day off but breakfast with Grandma was fun and the rest of the day was productive. Lots of stuff to go through and purge that will be donated to Goodwill and maybe try to sell a few things on EBay.

Shots from my day...
10:00 am: Unpacking the stir fry vegetables purchased at the local grocery store.


10:30 am: Maintenance stopped by to fix our ice machine. Yay, we now have ice to cool our drinks now that we are reaching the 100 degree mark!


12:40 pm: Pics from the closet cleaning....


Old video tapes (graduation, Cabo booze cruise) and misc cords and stuff to shred.


The pile of misc. items for Goodwill


The box of books that I've read that I liked but not enough to keep

One side of the closet clutter free and organized


Look- I found my first camera! Yes, I still have my old Polaroid.



4:00 pm: Picked up the LOML from work and we made a run to Sports Authority for a scorebook for the DBacks game that we are attending tomorrow night.


6:00 pm: Making dinner...



Yummy salsa that I made using a recipe from Paula Deen (of course I modified it a bit but it's the same concept). The LOML really likes it!


Chicken Empinadas another recipe from Paula Deen. They are super easy to make and very yummy! *I'm a bit addicted to Food Network if you can't tell...hee, hee.


9:30 pm: During the end of my cleaning out the closet I found my barbies. Here's my Marie Osmand barbie doll with her orginal dress. I also had Donnie but he went missing (probably got tired of wearing the purple and pink jumpsuit).

Look at that bald spot on poor Marie's head. This is why to this day I don't cut my own or anyone else's hair.

Have a nice week!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hi Christina,

Completely unrelated to this topic, you recently entered a contest on our blog (Book Binge) and you won! Congrats!!

Can you please email me at:

thebookbinge at gmail dot com

with your mailing info so your prize can be sent out?

Thanks!

Holly
Book Binge

Dogeared said...

About the book (if you've not already donated them or something) - check out www.bookmooch.com - it's a book swap website. You list the books you no longer want, people request them, you pay to post them out. This earns you points, which you then use to mooch books off other people. Mooches within your country cost/earn 1 point. Mooches abroad cost 2 points and earn 3 points (as a reward for the higher postage costs - if you have to pay more to post internationally, at least you get 3 points, which means you could mooch 3 books in your country, or one abroad and one internally).

And good luck with the wedding preparations!

Helen (Dogeared, 12er)

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing, sadly, about 12 of 12 is seeing what every one eats and OMG those empinadas look SO GOOD. My mouth is watering.

And Polaroids! So awesome. Too bad they are discontinuing making film for them. Polaroids are instant fun.