Tuesday, September 08, 2009

It's been a while....

It's the start of fall with Labor Day holiday behind us, the kiddies back to school and fall TV closing in on us however it is still 100 degrees here in AZ and still feels like summer. However I will take 101 over 115. It doesn't sound like much but trust me there is a difference.
We spent Labor Day weekend on the home front. We watched our nephew Brycen win his first Pop Warner game-- Way to go Nitros! Joe camped out on the couch to take in all that College football had to offer and was so happy to see Notre Dame win their game(this makes for a very happy hubby- yay for me). We ran some errands and took some naps (which were much needed). I watched the Rocker starring Rainn Wilson and Christina Appelgate. I must say I enjoyed watching this much more than I thought I would and found myself laughing out loud.

These long weekends are great because they give me a chance to catch up on some recorded shows like Project Runway, Inside the Actor's Studio, What's Brian Bointano Cooking?, and of course Mad Men.

How great was the opening scene on this weeks episode of "The Arrangements" showing little Sally Draper driving Grandpa Gene's Lincoln!

We scheduled a trip to West Des Moines to visit Joe's family over the Thanksgiving holiday. We got a smokin' deal on airfare. I'm just hoping for some pretty decent weather meaning no snow! This AZ native is a stranger to that kind of weather although we did have snow when I lived in Texas but that was 25 or so year ago. We are super excited for the trip and can't wait to eat at a few of our favortie places and hit the huge scrapbook store....tenderloin sammie and Archivers here we come!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Can't wait for you guys to get here!!