Monday, April 13, 2009

Crown King

We took a little trip to Crown King, AZ on Saturday 4/11 to attend my brother Dan and Keri's wedding. It's quite a rough road up and is about 2 1/2 hours north of the Valley of the Sun. We got a big surprise when our final climb to Crown King brought snow falling on our SUV. It was pretty cold and we ended up having a mix of rain and snow falling down upon us. It sure made driving up and down the mountain challenging but was sure a beautiful site!


The cherry blossom tree covered in snow.



The beautiful scenery



Joe standing outside one of the cabins.


Proof that I was actually in the snow. My nephews got a kick out of throwing small snowballs at me. I would've gotten them back but they were in their wedding attire - lucky fellas!


Joe and I in front of the snow covered pine tree. It was so beautiful.

No comments: