Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers and Daughters

This is a picture of me and my dad. It's been a little over four years since he passed away. Father's Day made me think back on our relationship and how complex it was for the both of us. I always knew he loved me and would do anything for me but it was so difficult for him to show me any affection and tell me he loved me. In turn I had the same issues toward him. It was a circle that didn't seem to break until his last few years of living.

So, if I can give any piece of advice to father's that have daughters it's to spend some quality time with them and make sure you tell them you love them and never quit telling them so. It can make all the difference in the world.

1 comment:

Scully Love Promo said...

I can really relate to this blog, Christina (my relationship with my father is very complex), and I completely agree with you. Fathers, talk to your daughters, take an interest in what they have to share with you, and never forget to tell them that you love them and are proud of them.